Be a part of helping to disrupt educational inequity
- Since our founding, 100% of DSST graduates have been admitted to college or post-secondary programs, with an average of 6 college admittances per student in 2023.
- DSST students score an average of 133 points higher on the SAT than students at schools with similar Free and Reduced Lunch percentages.
- A majority of DSST schools are rated high-performing on our state framework, shattering predictable outcomes based on student demographics.
- 9/10 families would recommend DSST to a friend or family member.
Have the support to be your best
- DSST leaders have a people-first approach with a commitment to the human condition.*
- All DSST teachers and staff receive weekly one-on-one coaching.
- DSST utilizes a research-based, culturally competent common curriculum approach.
- Network-led leadership development is offered with internal and external training opportunities.
- DSST Staff enjoy 11+ weeks off per year + paid PTO (from Day 1!)
- Staff have access to comprehensive medical benefits, including fertility benefits and a mental health counselor that is dedicated solely to DSST staff.
Celebrate and be celebrated!
- DSST has a culture of celebration lived out through network-wide events like Senior Signing Day and Infusion and school rituals like Morning Meeting and Shoutouts.
- DSST staff are celebrated through Flower Person, Golden Tassel, and Core Value awards.
- Competitive annual internal raises and DSST experience bonuses ($3,000+ every 3 years) are given to honor those who stay at DSST.
Join an inclusive, values-centered community
- DSST schools are intentionally small, ensuring each community member is known and valued.
- DSST works to cultivate a common set of values, meaningful relationships between students and staff and a genuine love of learning.
- Our Advisory model leads to strong relationships between teachers, students, and families.
- We are an aspiring anti-racist organization. Each DSST campus has a DEI Liaison and Trans Youth Advocate.
- DSST is committed to designing instruction that supports the success of all students.