DSST: Montview Middle School
“I am beyond grateful to the staff and students for helping my son progress.“
“This school is great! This school has a set of core values that all students know and represent in the school. Every student learns and grows from these core values.“
They push the students to always try their best and the teachers are very supportive of what the students want to see change. There is a lot of communication between the teachers and parents.“
The 2023-24 academic calendar is here!
Download the calendar - available in English and Spanish - by clicking on the image below.
MTV Parents: Make Sure You're Using Flyer!
Make sure you have downloaded the Flyer App and verified your account. Click HERE for directions on how to download and get verified.
The Tuesday Times, 10.5.21
Hello Montview Families,
Here are The Tuesday Times for October 5, 2021.
Ps: Let us know what you think of our new website redesign: https://www.dsstpublicschools.org/montview-middle-school
we just launched today and some things will need to be added, but please send any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, October 7: ANet Testing in Math
- Thursday, October 14-4:30p-6:30p: Latinos del Mundo event
- Join us to kick off your start to fall break. There will be food trucks, prizes, music, community resources and arts/crafts activities, all with Latinx influences
- Share your Latinx pride with our community and, if you are not Latinx, bring your family members and friends to learn about the awesome Latinx cultures found on our campus and in our community
- Questions? Contact Brady Porterfield-Finn at email@example.com
- Friday, Monday and Tuesday, October 15, 18 and 19: Fall Break, No School for students
- Thursday, November 4: Picture Re-Take Day
- proofs for pictures taken on 9/27 will arrive soon; if you would like your Knight to re-take their photo, they can do so on 11/4
- if your Knight was absent on 9/27, they can take their photo on 11/4
On-Site COVID-19 Community Testing:
We are excited to continue our partnership with COVIDCheck Colorado to provide free, fast, and convenient COVID-19 community sample testing to all in-person staff and students this school year. We encourage all families to enroll your student in the sample testing program. DSST MTV will test students every Thursday.
If you consent to your child being tested it does not mean they will be tested each week, but that they are part of the group eligible for testing and will be tested at least monthly. You will be notified of their results via text and email within 24-48 hours of their test.
- Learn more about the testing procedures HERE. If you’d like to see the registration process, here’s a video that goes through each step.
- Enroll Today!
School Accountability Meeting Updates
Our first School Accountability Committee meeting was held on Tuesday, September 21. There were some technical issues in making the recording available, so we apologize for the delay.
School Accountability Committee Meeting
If you are interested in attending a School Accountability Committee meeting, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Dress Code
As the weather is beginning to shift, students should continue to be in dress code when at school. Montview Knight hoodies can be purchased HERE or students have the option to wear a red, gray, or black long sleeve shirt under the Montview Knight approved dress code t-shirt/collared shirt.
Students really love hanging out after school. However, supervision in the middle school ends at 3:15 and 1:15 on Wednesday’s. At that point, we are asking middle school students to wait for their high school siblings on the high school soccer field and/or move to the sidewalk to wait for their rides. Thank you for your support in ensuring that students are safe after school.
If you have any questions, please contact our Deans: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Free RTD Bus Passes Program
Youth between the ages of 13 - 18 who attend Denver Public Schools (DPS) and have a MY Denver Card can sign up for On MY Way! This is a youth transportation program provided by Denver’s Office of Children’s Affairs in which students can receive monthly RTD passes through their phones from October 1 – December 31, 2021.
Age: 13 - 18
Attending School: Denver Public Schools
Other: Must have a MY Denver Card, visit http://www.mydenver.gov/mydenvercard and a smartphone to access the mobile tickets.
THREE STEPS TO SIGN-UP
1. Have your DPS student email* address ready.
3. Download RTD’s Mobile Ticket App and create an account (use DPS email).
* Participants must use their own DPS email address (i.e., siblings cannot use the same email).
HOW THIS WORKS
Once your account is reviewed, monthly passes will be pushed to your RTD Mobile Ticket Wallet.
ALL 3 SIGN-UP STEPS MUST BE COMPLETED.
FOR QUESTIONS: email@example.com
DSST families, did you or someone in your family turn 12 this month? They are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine! Visit our info page to learn how and where to get vaccinated! https://www.dsstpublicschools.org/21-22-covid-updates