Careers at DSST
Belong & Be Yourself at DSST.
WHO WE ARE
Our talented staff is made up of new grads, career changers, and experienced educators. Some of us attended traditional teacher prep programs while some of us majored in Physics or English. Some of us grew up in Colorado while others relocated to our beautiful state. Our common denominator is our commitment to educational equity.
At DSST, we firmly believe that diversity of perspectives, identities, and experiences makes us stronger and that, together, we can create a workplace where each human being is fully known, affirmed for who they are, and given the opportunity to contribute something significant to our community and our world.
Through this foundation, we prepare the amazing students at our 16 middle and high schools across Denver and Aurora for success in college, careers, and life.
WHO WE HIRE
Each of the roles outlined below are essential on our path of achieving DSST’s mission to transform urban public education by eliminating educational inequity and preparing all students for success in college and the 21st century.
- If you believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role but aren't sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for people who believe in our mission to eliminate educational inequity.
- Interested in one of the below opportunities but don’t see it currently posted on our job board? Email your resume to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our talent community for future openings.
- Not sure where you fit best? Contact our Talent Team! We’d love to support you in finding your just right role.
- Have an unwavering belief that all students can succeed, reach their most ambitious post-secondary goals, and lead exemplary lives.
- Have a desire to continuously improve including to grow personally and professionally in their practice of becoming an anti-racist educator.
- Hold at least a Bachelor's Degree (can be in any major area!) by their start date.
- Demonstrate their content knowledge and be qualified as “In-Field” by an agreed upon date after your start date. For more information on qualifying as “In-Field”, see this document.
- Special Education
- Literacy Intervention
- English Language Development
- English Language Arts
- Social Studies
- STEM Electives (Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- Creative Core Electives (P.E, Art, Theater, etc.)
- and more!
- Curriculum, Instruction, & Assessment
- Data, Academic Program, & Special Education
- Culture & Student Experience
- Leadership Development
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Human Capital
- Marketing, Advocacy, Community and Family Engagement, & Development
- School Directors (SDs)
- Associate School Director (ASDs)
- Directors of Curriculum & Instruction (DCIs)
- Campus Directors of Operation
- Directors of College Success (DCS)
- Dean of Students (DoS)
- Athletic Directors (ADs)
- School Directors in Training (SDiTs)
Interested in joining our school-based leadership team? Our DSST Leadership Hiring Days for the 2024-2025 School Year will be taking place on 2/1/24, 3/1/24, 6/26/24, and 5/17/24 with applications going live on 11/1/23.
- Our Campus Support Teachers are full time, benefits eligible DSST employees that are typically placed at one DSST school for the year. This role could look like providing additional support when needed, filling in for longer-term vacancies like when a teacher is on leave, or providing short term coverage for classes where a teacher may be absent that day. We do not require a Bachelor’s Degree for this position or a substitute teacher license.
- We also staff Substitute Teachers in our schools through Hello Subs. This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a more flexible part-time opportunity to teach in our schools. You can submit your interest in substitute teaching in our schools through Hello Subs here.
Choosing DSST means choosing your life’s work. From working with our incredible community that pushes the limits of what education can be, to providing every single one of our individual students with everything they need, to taking care of each of our personal needs--every moment of our work is sacred because every moment of our work requires a deep sense of care for all of our people. Click here to learn more.