College SuccessResources for 12th grade students and families surrounding the college admissions and financial aid processes can be found on our College Success website.
At DSST: GVR HS, all DSST students complete an internship experience their Junior Year in order to gain work experience, build professional skills, learn about potential career paths, and forge meaningful relationships with leaders across the city of Denver and beyond. We serve predominantly first-generation students across diverse backgrounds who aspire towards a college education and other pathways (trades, military, etc.).
Our mission is to provide students with opportunities to learn from working professionals in Colorado and beyond with TWO GOALS in mind:
- Give students an in depth experience that gives them a clear picture of what it takes to enter and succeed in their chosen career field through weekly discussions.
- Identify a project deliverable that interns will work towards related to a field/industry of interest. This deliverable will be the students’ culminating project for this critical class. Students will be presenting their final projects in a Virtual Internship Showcase at the end of the trimester.
Our mission to assist students in gaining professional and soft skills is achieved with the following goals in mind:
- Learn about soft skills and how to use them successfully.
- Complete various internship deliverables that will assist in reflecting wholly on their internship experience both in the classroom and their placements.
To learn more about working with our students as a mentor, please reach out to our internship coordinator, Rosita Mallo.
Health & Nursing
- Medication Guidelines
- EpiPen Plan and Orders 21-22 (English | Español)
- Rescue Inhaler Plan and Orders 21-22 (English | Español)
- Anaphlyaxis Action Plan and Medication Order 21-22
- General Release Agreement 21-22 (English | Español)
Food & Nutrition Services
- Access DPS Student Portal
- Your username is your lunch number.
- Your password is your first and last initials followed by your 8-digit birthdate. (For example: if John Doe was born on January 1, 2000, his password would be: JD01012000)
- Boys and Girls Basketball
- Boys and Girls Soccer
- Boys and Girls Cross Country
- Girls Volleyball
If DSST: GVR does not offer a sport, students may participate in the FNE Warrior Athletics Programs (ex. Football, Baseball).
Requirements for Participation
A physical exam must be current within the past 13 months and signed by the physician. If a student's physical expires during the season, he/she will nor be able to play until a new physical exam is received.
Colorado High School Activities Association's (CHSAA) physical form is recommended, but GVR will accept other physical forms as well.
Jamelle Austin, Athletic Director: Jamelle.firstname.lastname@example.org (303-524-6300, ext. 8336396)