WELCOME NEW KNIGHTS TO DSST: STAPLETON MIDDLE SCHOOL!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- Summer School: June 18 - June 26
- Registration: Online beginning Monday, July 16th or in-person on Thursday, August 2 or Monday, August 6 from 8:00am to 5:00pm
- First Day of School: Thursday, August 16
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!
Front desk: 303-524-6380
Cecilia Soto (Office Manager): email@example.com
Welcome Knights! We are so excited to have you join us at DSST: Stapleton Middle School. We're looking forward to meeting you and your family. There are a couple steps you need to complete in order to ensure that you are successful at DSST: Stapleton Middle School.
This family orientation is required for all accepted students and their families, if you've missed orientation please contact the school.
Click here to download the official DSST: Stapleton Middle School Orientation Packet!
Incoming 6th graders are strongly encouraged to attend summer school.
We realize that DSST is a big change from the traditional public school experience, so we want to make sure our newest students are prepared for the school year. Summer school allows our new incoming students to meet their teachers and peers before the first day of school. Students will learn about our policies and procedures and have a chance to practice living the core values. By the time the school year begins, our new students will feel a part of the community and know the "ins-and-outs" of DSST.
1. Our summer plans coincide with the summer school session. What do we need to do in order to ensure that my child does not lose his/her spot?
We understand that summer vacations are sometimes planned many months in advance. If you find that your student will not be able to attend summer school, please contact our school director, Dan Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
2. Are students required to wear uniforms during summer school?
Yes. Students are required to wear uniforms and abide by the dress code during summer school. Please visit stapletonknights.com for purchasing information.
3. Is transportation available during summer school?
No, unfortunately transportation is not available during summer school. Many of our students use RTD to ride to and from school both during summer school and the school year.
4. Will interventions (college prep,refocus, and mandatory tutoring) be served during summer school?
Yes. Interventions will be served during summer school. You will receive a phone call to notify you if your child will have to stay after school to serve an intervention.
5. Will lunch be provided during summer school?
No. Lunch will not be provided during summer school. Breakfast; however, will be provided to students.
Registration/Annual Family Update - Thursday, August 2nd or Monday, August 6th from 8:00a to 5:00p
We're excited to offer a completely online registration option this year! Families (new and returning) will have the chance to complete all components of registration from the comfort of their home. If families complete all the mandatory components of registration, there will be no need for them to come into the building to participate in the traditional registration. We encourage all families to take advantage of this option. Click here for all the information on how you can complete registration exclusively online!
Families that decide to participate in the traditional registration process, must come by either on Thursday, August 2nd or Monday, August 6th from 8:00a to 5:00p. During this time, families will be verifying all information on file, paying or setting up a plan for student fees, and will also be asked to bring the following:
- Updated immunizations if your student has had a recent vaccine (will most likely apply to incoming 6th grade students)
- Check, cash (exact change), or card if you are planning to and are able to pay student fees
- If applicable: athletic physicals
- If applicable: legal paperwork outlining custody agreements, name changes, etc.
- If applicable: proof of address if you recently had a change in address (current utility bill, mortgage, or leasing agreement)