DSST provides a program that fosters participation and enjoyment of interscholastic team competition, as well as non-competitive fitness activities. The athletic program emphasizes high level skill and strategies, teamwork, good sportsmanship, school spirit, character building and fun. The goal is to provide each student with a sense of affiliation, motivation, and accomplishment by balancing a challenging experience with support and encouragement. The non-competitive fitness options, which include activities like yoga, boxing, & conditioning, ultimate Frisbee,and mindful/stress buster emphasize the acquisition of fundamental life-long skills.
Registration is open for the 2018-2019 Winter Season. Please read the instructions below and register your students before the season starts on November 12th. STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT REGISTERED AND/OR DO NOT HAVE A CURRENT PHYSICAL ON FILE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN ATHLETICS IN ANY WAY.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
Student Athletes must have a copy of a current physical examination provided by your health care provider in order to register for a sport.
A digital copy of a current physical must be uploaded to the Family I.D. registration or emailed to Allan Scronce at firstname.lastname@example.org. No paper copies of physical forms will be accepted.
Physicals must include:
1. Students full name.
2. Date of physical exam. (physicals are valid for 365 days after exam)
3. Doctors name and signature
4. Something indicating that the student is cleared to participate in a sport or activity.
INFORMATION NEEDED TO REGISTER:
It will be helpful to have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration.
Health Insurance Information
A parent/guardian must register their student. Please follow the steps below. Start by clicking on this link:
Follow these steps:
- To find your program, click on the link above and select 2018-19 Winter Athletic Registration link under Programs near the bottom of the page.
- Next click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Sign Up/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, clickSign Up. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Sign Up for your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select the agreement to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Sign Up.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
- Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you in to FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
- Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the green Submit button. After selecting ‘Submit’, the registration will be complete. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
At any time, you may log in at www.familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s).
To view a completed registration, select the 'Registration' tab on the blue bar.
If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at: 888-800-5583 x1 or email@example.com.
FamilyID also offers online chat during business hours.
Support is available 7 days per week and messages will be returned promptly.
FALL - Girls' Volleyball - Boys' Soccer - Boys' Tennis - Coed Cross Country - Closed
WINTER - Boys' and Girls' Basketball - Cheer - OPEN
SPRING - Baseball - Girls' Soccer - Cheer - Coming Soon
Athletic registration will open one month before the official CHSSA season start dates. Please check back here for updates.
The athletic program is an integral part of DSST's curriculum and emphasizes living the school's Core Values. In order to fulfill graduation requirements, students must successfully complete 4 trimesters of athletics, lifetime activities or outside athletic participation. Students must remain in good academic standing in order to be eligible to participate in athletics and all school rules and policies apply to athletics.
HS Athletic Director is Kate Dresher firstname.lastname@example.org - 303-524-6330.
DSST-Stapleton is located at 2000 Valentia, Denver, 80238