Montview Middle School News
The season of SchoolChoice is upon us. Round 1 opens on January 15 at 8;30a and will conclude on Tuesday, February 18 at 4:00p. Our Front Office will have an Enrollment Station with computers and handouts for families throughout the Round 1 window. For current DSST: Montview MS families, please remember the following:
- current 6th graders automatically enroll in 7th
- current 7th graders automatically enroll in 8th
- current 8th graders automatically enroll in 9th grade at DSST: Montview HS
For prospective families or current families with siblings interested in attending DSST: Montview MS or any DPS Choice school, you are welcome to visit our Front Office Enrollment Station to complete an Choice application. SchoolChoice is entirely online this year and can be completed on a computer or phone. As it can be a complicated process, please follow the link below for more information or visit your nearest DPS Choice school for more information.
It is that time of year to check-in with your child's advisor to review the successes and challenges of Trimester 1. Please make sure you have scheduled an appointment with your child's advisor. You can use the link below to make that appointment, if you have not already. Also, here a few things to consider:
1. Appointments, click HERE
2. Please make sure you are on time. Each appointment is 15mins and we want to ensure eveyone is given the time and attention they deserve.
3. 8th Grade families, please make sure you discuss with your Advisor, your child's intent to re-enroll for 9th Grade at DSST: Montview High School. It is a simple Yes/No/Maybe question and is non-binding, but it helps the HS in their planning for next year. There will be a folder given to you during conferences with more information.
4. Our uniform store, Impact We Print, will have their newly designed on-demand printing truck avaialble for Spritiwear purchases. Click HERE to see their new products.
5. We will display the contents of our lost and found in the Commons during Friday's Conferences and also on Wedensday, 12/18 after dismissal for families to reclaim items. After that, all items will be donated.
Please contact your advisor or the Front Desk with any questions or concerns.
With the First Trimester coming to an end, please do your best to remember the following for this week:
- We want all students to be at their best, so please help our Knight's get a good night's rest; eat a healthy breakfast; and be PRESENT.
- Middle School students will be dismissed at 12:15pm on Wednesday 11/20, Thursday 11/21 and Friday 11/22.
- All Extracurricular Activities are cancelled.
- For MS Athletics (Girls Basketball), please contact email@example.com
- There is no school for students starting Monday, November 25 through Friday, November 29. Classes will resume Monday, December 2.
- Have an amazing Holiday Week!
We are delighted to be hosting our Montview families for the 3rd Annual Thanksgiving Lunch tomorrow, Thursday, November 14th. If you are joining us, please keep a few things in mind:
1. If you've purchased your ticket, please make sure you have it with you. They must be handed to our dedicated Food Services Staff when you receive your meal.
3. Meal Times are as follows:
- 6th Grade: 10:35-11:20
- 7th Grade: 1:09-1:54
- 8th Grade: 11:30-12:15
4. Please park on the side streets surrounding the campus: Valentia St and 22nd Ave.
5. Lastly, please do your best to have an amazing time and enjoy the company of our Higher Heights, Montview Knights Community! : )