2021 Sports Update!
After conversations with the Colorado Department of Public Health, CHSAA , DPS and the league, the decision for new start dates for Season B/Basketball will be January 13/14/15 – Open gym.. On January 18th we will start practice. Girls Basketball – 5-6:00. Boys C team and Junior Varsity – 6-7:00. Boys Varsity – 7-8:30pm. All players must be registered on Big Teams and hold a current physical.
Season B – Girls/Boys Basketball
- 7 week season
- Practice will begin January 18th
- Competition will begin January 30th – Mar. 20th
****All girls and boys interested in playing basketball MUST reach out to Coaches****
Boys Basketball Coach: Soco Sandoval, email@example.com
Girls Basketball Coach: Cheyenne Yancey, firstname.lastname@example.org
Season C – Boys Soccer & Girls Volleyball
- 7 week season
- Practice would begin March 8th
- Competition would begin Mar. 15th – May 1 (end of regular season April 17)
Season D – Girls Soccer & Boys Baseball
- 7 week season
- Practice would begin April 26th
- Competition would begin May 3rd – June 26
- June 12 end of regular season
****All INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE****
AS we all know these are unprecedented times and things change daily. Stay safe and healthy and WEAR your mask!!!!!!
The moment you have been waiting for……Basketball- YAHOOOOO!
Here are the details:
Open gym will begin on Wednesday, January 13/14/15
5-6:00 – Girls Basketball
6:00- 7:00 – 9th and 10th graders – Boys BB
7:00-8:30 – 11th and 12 th graders – Boys BB
This is open gym for conditioning and drills.
On Monday January 18th – practice will begin/teams will be picked and posted
Starting Tuesday January 19th the practices will be as follows:
Girls – 5-6:00
Boys C and JV – 6-7:00
Boys Varsity – 7-8:30
Mask on the whole time/ individual water bottles provided/masks provided
CDC protocol and cleaning after every practice and game!!
Make sure you are registered on Big Teams/Planet HS – info on website
Make sure you have a current physical
Watch your email for more details.
DSST: Montview is a CHSAA member school in the 3A division and a member of the Frontier League. DSST provides a program that fosters participation and enjoyment of interscholastic team competition, as well as non-competitive fitness activities. The athletic program emphasizes high level skill and strategies, teamwork, good sportsmanship, school spirit, character building and fun. The goal is to provide each student with a sense of affiliation, motivation, and accomplishment by balancing a challenging experience with support and encouragement. The non-competitive fitness options, which include activities like yoga, and weightlifting and mindful/stress buster emphasize the acquisition of fundamental life-long skills.
The athletic program is an integral part of DSST's curriculum and emphasizes living the school's Core Values. In order to fulfill the Physical Education graduation requirement, students must successfully complete three credits by participating in athletics, lifetime activities or outside athletic participation. Students must remain in good academic standing in order to be eligible to participate in athletics and all school rules and policies apply to athletics.
These are the ways a student can make that happen:
1. Be a student athlete for a DSST sport or be a manager (all levels count C/JV/Varsity)
2. Participate in a sport, we do not offer, at another school (football at Northfield/softball at Manual) – Outside Participation form needed to be signed by coach. The other school will request eligibility checks so we need to know if a student is playing a sport at another school.
3. Cheerleading was sanctioned last year but up in the air for this year. Stay tuned.
4. Participate in an activity such as gymnastics, ballet, karate, boxing etc……outside of school. Working out at 24 hour fitness does not count. Permission from athletic director is needed and Outside participation form filled out.
5. Brock is teaching a PE class for 9th and 10th graders. Each trimester is worth one credit.
6. In trimester two or three Mr. Chan may offer a weight training class for credit. Also yoga may be offered trimester two or three.
DSST: Montview is located at 2000 Valentia, Denver, 80238
Athletic Director - Kate Dresher