There are specific guidelines that must be following regarding medication. We are unable to accept any medication at school, including over-the-counter products, without the required documentation below. Please review the attachments for these requirements and complete any required documentation with both the parent’s/legal guardian’s signature and the physician’s signature prior to bringing any medication to school.
Please visit the DPS Nursing and Student Health Services web page here for any additional questions.
Please find important documents attached below:
- Medication Guidelines
- EpiPen Plan and Orders English 19-20
- EpiPen Plan and Orders Spanish 19-20
- Rescue Inhaler Plan and Orders English 19-20
- Rescue Inhaler Plan and Orders Spanish 19-20
- Anaphylaxis Pan and Med Order 19-20
- Asthma Action Plan and Med Order 19-20
- General Release Agreement - English 19-20
- General Release Agreement - Spanish 19-20
- Immunization Notice - English 15-16 (Good for 2019-20 school year)
- Immunization Notice - Spanish 15-16 (Good for 2019-20 school year)
All students are served meals through Denver Public Schools (DPS) Food & Nutrition Services. Please find important links and answers to frequently asked questions below. Questions regarding lunch balance or the lunch program should be directed to DPS Food & Nutrition Services: 720-423-5600 (phone), 720-423-5629 (fax).
Denver Public Schools (DPS) lunch prices can be found at: http://foodservices.dpsk12.org/meal-prices.php
To apply for Free or Reduced Lunch, please click the following link to complete an online application or drop by your school’s Front Office to fill out a paper application: https://mealapps.dpsk12.org/lfserver/DPS_FRA_EFORM_ENG
The lunch menu can be found at: http://foodservices.dpsk12.org/whatson-menu.php
How does my student pay for lunch? Similar to a bank account, each student has a 6-digit school ID number. Each student will tell the lunch server their number as they check out of the lunch line. Be sure to educate your student about the importance of not sharing his or her number. It should be kept private!
Will I be able to pay online for my student’s lunch? Yes. All students can use an online account at www.mylunchmoney.com, where you can access, manage, and deposit funds.
Our Special Education program values the unique strengths and needs of each student in Special Education while providing high quality services to ensure excellent outcomes for all students in Special Education. We seek to provide a high level of support so that all students are able to meet both individual IEP goals as well as rigorous grade-level standards. We believe all DSST students are capable of being successful at DSST and fulfilling their potential in college or through appropriate post-secondary options.
Each of our students in Special Education a case manager that specifically focuses and individualizes the DSST experience to fit the student. The case manager knows and understands each student, their learning styles, and academic strengths and areas of growth and serves as a link between family, advisor, teachers, etc.
We provide services to student in Special Education in a variety of ways, including but not limited to:
- Push-in or co-teaching services: Special Education teachers serve within the general education classroom
- Pull-out services: Special Education teachers pull small groups from the general education classroom to provide Specially Designed Instruction
- Mental health services: Psychologists and/or Social Workers provide individual or group services to students
- Intervention courses: Full courses to provide remedial support in reading or math
- Testing and In-class accommodations and modifications as determined by the IEP
- Speech and Language services
From the DPS Director of Special Education, Diann Richardson – http://denver.co.schoolwebpages.com/education/components/scrapbook/default.php?sectionid=136
Denver Public Schools (DPS) offers students the Student Portal, the most convenient option for students to access current information about attendance, grades, and assignment due dates. All students have an account here.
Your username is your lunch number.
Your password is your first and last initials followed by your 8-digit birthdate. For example, if John Doe was born on January 1, 2000, his password would be: JD01012000