The DSST: MTV MS Tuesday Times: All the News You Need to Know!
Wednesday, February 17: Survey sent to families to choose In-Person Learning for Trimester #3
Tuesday, February 23 at 5:00pm: Deadline to complete In-Person Learning Survey
Thursday and Friday, February 25 & 26: Interim Assessments #2
Friday, February 26: End of Trimester #2
Monday and Tuesday, March 1 & 2: No School for Students, Professional Development Days
Wednesday, March 3: Start of Trimester #3
Interim Assessments (IA2)
Our second round of Interim Assessments in Science, Social Studies, and Math 1H will be occurring February 25th and 26th. Our school day will start at 8:15 AM and end early at 12:00 noon these days.
As a note, all students will take the tests remotely and should plan to test from home these days. There will be a select number of students who will specifically be asked to take the exam at school in order to better support their focus and specific accommodations needed. A member of the school will reach out to you if we think this would be a good option for your student. Again, unless your student is specifically asked to attend please plan for your student to work and test remotely these days.
In-person attendance has been very strong and we want to encourage families to hold students accountable for attendance during remote learning days. Thank you for your continued support with attendance, we are grateful to our families for the support!
End of Trimester 2 & Beginning of Trimester 3
Here are some key areas of focus as the trimester comes to an end:
Be in attendance
Make-up missing assignments
Be fully engaged-completing all classwork
Advocate for support if help is needed
- Please note, we would like to have all students attending in-person learning to be in Dress Code by this current week.
- Please make sure your child wears the following if they are in-person:
- DSST Montview logo shirt or sweatshirt
- Black, red, gray, white, or khaki pants
- Black, brown red, or gray close-toed shoes (do not have to be solid)
- For an additional layer of warmth, students can wear solid color long sleeve shirts under their DSST logo shirts in black, red, grey, or white
- NO BLUE JEANS or PANTS with rips
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the dress code policy please reach out to your student’s dean:
- 6th grade girls and 7th grade- Mrs. Snider (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 6th grade boys and 8th grade- Ms. Haynes (email@example.com)
Link to order uniforms: https://www.dsstknights.com
Link to DSST: MTV MS Dress Code
Health & Safety Update:
- Student Health Screener: www.myhealthbox.net
- Username: student’s email--first name.last firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: student 6-digit ID#
- Required for every student who attends In-Person Learning
- Please complete the morning they attend In-Person Learning
- Can be completed on a phone or laptop
- If you do not have a thermometer at home, please enter ‘0’ for temperature
Neighborhood Vaccine Availability for families living in 80010 zip code (click for information)
COVID Community Testing
If your child attends In-Person Learning, we encourage you to sign-up for On-Site Community Testing
- Enroll Today
- The required ID# for DSST students is their 6-Digit School/Lunch ID#.
- Contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
- Testing will start on Monday, February 22nd.
Clubs & Activities
You can visit our website for more updates: MTV MS Clubs & Activities. As a parent/guardian, we encourage you to join the clubs! We’d love to have your involvement.
You can pay your school fees online by clicking HERE.