DSST has decided to return to partially in-person program (hybrid) after fall break on October 26th. Your family still has a choice to make about what you would prefer for your student(s): to remain in fully online school, or to join our hybrid program that will be a mix of in-person and online time. On Monday, I will hold two different town halls to offer our current thinking around the plan, and answer as many questions as possible. You only need to attend one, as they will be the same, and we will also record them in case you can’t make one of these times but want this information.
Recording: Coming soon !
VERY Basic Information:
E-School (all online just like now)
- Same classes, but possibly in a different order
- Same teachers (we will reach out if this would need to change for any reason)
- Monday – Thursday: 8:15 – 2:45
- Friday: Schedule TBD, but not a full day of classes
- This means Wednesday is NO LONGER a short day
Hybrid (half online, half in-person)
- Students rotate weeks:
- One Week: Monday – Thursday, 8:15 – 2:45 in Person, Friday online
- The Next Week: Monday – Thursday, 8:15 – 2:45 online, Friday onlin
- § This means Wednesday is NO LONGER a short day
- Same classes and teachers as they have now, but possibly a different order
- DPS is NOT PROVIDING ANY BUS TRANSPORTATION
- ALL people must wear masks at all times in the building
- Some instruction during in-person weeks might still be online while kids are in the classroom due to the need for flexible staffing.
- Breakfast and Lunch will be provided for in-person school
- Only uniform requirement will be a spirit wear top or purple polo
DSST GVR MS School Director