Inclement Weather Plan & CMAS Testing Changes

Hornet families,

As you have likely heard there is going to be some severe weather in the Denver area this evening and tomorrow morning. DSST adheres to DPS decisions regarding school closures, so please pay attention to your local news forecasts and the DPS website ( for updates on potential school closures. You will likely get messaging from DSST directly as well.

We have also made the decision to cancel CMAS testing for tomorrow April 11th due to the potential for difficult driving conditions should school not be canceled. We will be moving our final CMAS ELA and Math testing day to Tuesday, April 16th. Our 8th graders will complete their CMAS Science assessments on Wednesday, April 17th and Thursday, April 18th.  Thank you for your help ensuring student presence and timeliness during these important assessment days.

If there are other questions please feel free to call our school at 303-802-4120 or reach out to me directly through email with questions or concerns (

Thank you!