Welcome to the 2019-20 school year!
Thanks to the fabulous contributions from many of you in our Byers Community, we now have funds to creatively improve our school! Have a club that needs funding? Want to improve your uniforms for your athletic team? Do you want to sponsor a speaker to come in and talk to your science class? Do you need funding for transportation to a unique opportunity?
Please submit this form at least 6 weeks before the event is to take place or the purchase is to be made to ensure that we are able to process your request and give you access to funding. The overall process is outlined below:
- Funding requests will be considered at our Byers Leadership Team Execution meeting each week with recommendations given to the Campus Director at this time. Considerations will be made with the following in mind:
- Are enough details provided to make an informed decision?
- How many DSST: Byers students will benefit (and for how long)?
- How big is the need?
- Will the funding purchase something or pay for a service that helps achieve the mission and goals of DSST: Byers?
- Are there enough bids to ensure that DSST: Byers is getting best value?
- Can the funding be obtained from other sources?
- Would the funding purchase something that is redundant with existing STP or DSST: Byers programming?
- Our Campus Director will make final decisions about funding based on predetermined buckets, availability of funds, and by ensuring that the funding request does not contravene the stated mission, philosophy, policies, code of conduct, and bylaws of DSST Public Schools as determined by the Campus Director and the DSST Public Schools Board of Directors. The Campus Director may decline funding - see image of 2016-17 buckets below.
- The Campus Director or Associate School Director will communicate the status of the request to the requester(s) when a final decision is made.
- If the request is approved, the following will occur:
- The Operations Manager will make funds available 14 days after a reimbursement form or invoice is submitted.
- Requester or a representative will be encouraged to present at and/or provide information for an upcoming general STP meeting to share outcomes, measurements and learning of the event/purchase.
(Below was the allocation plan for the 2017-18School Year.)
Para información en español sobre las tarifas para el año escolar 2019-20, por favor haga clic aquí.
Want to pay your fees online? Visit our payment website HERE!
Fees are due at the start of the school year on registration day. They may be paid in cash (exact change), check or credit card. If you are unable to pay for fees on registration day or have further questions, please contact the front office or email Sheena Bustamante at email@example.com.
We ask for your support in paying your child's registration fees in order to provide your child with all the benefits of a strong learning environment.
|General Fees are collected from all students to help support programs that are not fully funded by the per-pupil-revenue we receive from the state through Denver Public Schools such as field trips, resources for advisory and planners.||$60.00|
|Technology Fee||The General Technology Fee is a fee collected from all students to maintain an up-to-date inventory of laptops and related software. The fee also covers ongoing technology support and maintenance throughout the year.||$150.00|
|Activities Fee||Activities Fees cover some of the costs associated with participating in physical education and student enrichment activities.||$40.00|
However, we never want fees to limit your child's opportunity for an exceptional education. If you family qualifies for, or may qualiufy for free or reduced price lunch, you are eligible to pay discounted fees as follows:
|General Fees are collected from all students to help support programs that are not fully funded by the per-pupil-revenue we receive from the state through Denver Public Schools such as field trips, resources for advisory and planners.||$24.00|
|The General Technology Fee is a fee collected from all students to maintain an up-to-date inventory of laptops and related software. The fee also covers ongoing technology support and maintenance throughout the year.||$60.00|
|Activities Fees cover some of the costs associated with participating in physical education and student enrichment activities.||$16.00|
Below are the school supply lists for the 2019-20 school year for all grades. Each grade's school supplies differ slightly. Students should bring all supplies on the first day of school.
Did you place your order through First Day School Supplies? Your student's school supplies will be delivered to his or her advisory classroom for the first day of school.
Please click HERE to request student transcripts and records.