- Go to the website Myhealthbox.net which is accessible on any device (computer, tablet, cell phone)
- Your students log in information is as follows
- Username: Students complete DSST: Byers student email (firstname.lastname.BYR@scienceandtech.org)
- Password: Your students 6 digit lunch number
- You will complete the questionnaire that follows once you are logged in
- You will select DSST: Byers MS or DSST: Byers HS, which ever pertains to your student
- Once you have completed the screener, you will either get a GREEN or RED screen. Green means that you have passed the screener, red, that you have failed the screener.
In order to make the check in process as smooth and easy as possible, if your student has their own mobile device, we ask that they keep a screen shot, or stay on the GREEN screen on the screener to present upon entry. If they do not have their own mobile device, you may email a picture of the screen to ByersHealthScreener@scienceandtech.org, with your students name as the subject text
- Click here to view the DSST Daily Screener Tool User Guide in English.
- Click here to view the DSST Daily Screener Tool User Guide in Spanish.
- Click here to view translations of the questions in the DSST Daily Health Screener Tool
In making decisions around a return to school that is in-person, hybrid (some in-person, some remote), or all remote, we make the following commitments to the DSST community:
- We ground our decisions in science
- We will prioritize safety to ensure we can keep the DSST community healthy
- We will consider the educational needs of our students and families
- We will communicate transparently and in a timely fashion (giving advance notice of decisions when possible)
- We will extend grace to each other and all parts of the community as we navigate this process together
Click HERE to see our COVID Incident Protocol.
We acknowledge that this school year is unlike anything that we expected, and to best support our goal of safety, we are temporarily suspending our previous “(High School)Dress Code & (Middle School) Uniform”. This ensures that our full attention is focused on building habits that promote safety (like wearing a mask) and making school safe and accessible for all students.
Masks: Students are required to wear masks at all times when on campus outside of times (like lunch) as designated by staff members.
Tops & Bottoms:
Students can wear tops & bottoms of any color with the exception of pajamas.
Clothes must be worn in a way such that genitals, buttocks, breasts, and nipples are fully covered with opaque fabric.
Students may not wear items that promote alcohol, drugs, tobacco products, sex, nudity, or which allude to topics inappropriate for school or considered to be derogatory to others.
Shoes: Students can wear any closed-toed shoe.
Hats: Students are not permitted to wear hats of any kind.
Please use this list of in-person school supplies to determine what your Falcon(s) will need to arrive prepared with each day.
High School Food Services:
Breakfast: Breakfast is offered daily from 7:45AM - 8:30AM
Students desiring breakfast will pick up their meal from the cafeteria immediately after passing through the health screening process before entering their first period room.
Students will eat breakfast in their assigned period 1 classroom.
Lunch: Lunch is offered daily from 11:30AM - 12:15AM to all students.
Students desiring school lunch will pick up their meal from the cafeteria in staggered times.
Students will eat lunch in their 4th period class if the temperature is BELOW 45°F or if it is raining or snowing.
Per DPS Policy, all high schools will be closed campuses, so seniors will not be able to leave to pick up food offsite.
High School: School starts at 8:30AM and ends at 3:00PM everyday except Wednesday which remains remote for all students.
Staff will be on duty outside starting at 7:30AM.
Students should be dropped off on Pearl Street.
Doors open at 7:45AM. During this time students will enter the school building, present their health screener and have their temperature taken.
Immediately upon passing through the health screening process, students must go to their assigned Period 1 room.
Students will be dismissed at 3:00PM when school is over. Students will need to leave campus immediately after.
Campus will be fully closed at 3:30PM and only students who are in CHSAA specific sports may be allowed to stay on campus.
When in movement outside or inside the building, students must:
Maintain a distance of 6 feet (in inches, that is: “72 between me and you”) from the moment of arriving on campus until they have left campus
When in class:
Sit in their assigned desk, in its assigned spot (minimum 3 feet from the nearest desk)
Students must follow teacher directions for moving about the classroom
Sanitize their hands upon entering a classroom
Wash or sanitize hands regularly (minimum, every 2 hours)
Wash or sanitize hands before and after every meal (breakfast, lunch)
Minimize touch in community spaces
Examples: using a water bottle instead of the water fountain; no lockers