Elective "Pathways": “Electives Pathways” program to enhance the enrichment portion of our curriculum with true depth for an electives choice. In addition to the three day a week choice elective program we offer for students, we have added an “Elective Pathway” program so students can go in-depth in one of three distinct fields chosen by students and families.
- Computer Science - Creating applications in a variety of coding languages. Courses include: Introduction to Computer Science, AP Computer Science, and Senior Project.
- Engineering - Understanding the engineering process through fabrication and projects. Courses include: Introduction to Engineering, Senior Project.
- Performing Arts (Theater) - Including individual and ensemble performance with full productions. Courses include: Performing Arts, Theater Production, Senior Project.
- Visual Arts - Mixed media including fabrication, graphic design, drawing and painting. Courses include: Visual Arts 1, Visual Arts 2, and Digital Art, Senior Project.
- Music: Instrumental music and digital music. Courses include: Introduction to Music, Music Production, Senior Project.
- Physical Education: All students take Physical Education courses as required in Denver Public Schools Graduation requirements.
Students can choose from Performing Arts / Theater, Computer Science, or Visual Arts / Graphic Design for their pathway elective. After selecting pathways electives in 9th and 10th grade, students in Senior Academy (11th & 12 Grade), student will be asked to decide on a “Pathway” so they can ascend to intermediate, advanced, and/or AP courses in that elective. We are so excited about this additional opportunity for student choice in course selection, as well as the opportunity to become more well rounded students on their path to college.
- Speech & Debate
- Improv Club
- Music Club
- Pep Band
- Board Games Club
- LGBTQUIA Club
- Dungeons and Dragons Club
- Animation Club
- Film Club
- Culture Club
- Honor Societies
- And more being founded every day! Students just need one staff sponsor to start an after school club and all clubs were founded by students at CGHS!