WELCOME NEW WOLVES TO DSST: COLLEGE VIEW!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- Parent Academy & Uniform Pick-Up (required): June 16th, 9-11am
- Summer School (required): June 18 - June 26
- Ice Cream Social: June 26th, 11:30am-1pm
- Annual Family Update/Registration (required): August 6 - 7 or online
- First Day of School: 8/16
- Back to School Night: 8/30
- No School September 3rd (Labor Day)
- Spirit Week September 17th-21st
- No School September 28th (Proffesional Learning Day)
- October 5th (Picture Day)
- Student Dance 10/19 5:30-7pm @CVMS
- No School October 22nd or 23rd (Fall Break)
- Winter Coat Drive 10/27 8am-12pm at CVMS Click here for more information
- November 13th (Picture retakes)
- November 14,15,16- Interim Assessments #1 (Early dismissal @ 12:30pm)
- November 19th and 20th-PLD Teacher Work Day; No School for Students
- November 21st-23rd-Thanksgiving Break!! (No School)
- November 27th- DU Field Trip (6th Grade CV Trip)/Museum of Nature & Science (7th & 8th grade)
- December 6th and 7th (early dismissal 11:30am Friday only!) - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- December 12th- Winter Art Gala 5:30-7pm
- December 21st- Ugly Sweater Day (for students and staff)
- December 24, 2018-January 4, 2019- Winter Break!
- January 7th- PLD Teacher Work Day; No School for Students
- January 14th-18th- MAP Testing
- January 21st- Marting Luther King Day; No School for Students
- January 25th- Loteria Night 4:30-6pm
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US!
Front desk: 303-524-6320
Aly Yanez (Office Manager): email@example.com
Summer School is Mandatory for ALL New Students
We hope you enjoy your break from school, and I hope you are excited about joining our DSST community. In summer school you will learn what being a DSST student means, and what it means to be a member of our community. Sixth grade summer school serves a unique purpose, and we want to take a moment to explain the rationale for summer school:
- Core Values: During summer school, you will learn the behaviors associated with our core values. If we can use these three weeks to work on being respectful and responsible, having courage and curiosity and integrity, and always doing our best, we will have the strongest 6th grade group of students in all of Denver ready to tackle the upcoming school year in August.
- School Expectations: During summer school, you will learn our school’s expectations for behaviors in the classroom and outside of the classroom. These expectations are tied to our core values. If we can use these three weeks to learn and master our schools expectations, we will have an amazing start to the school year.
- Preparing for College: DSST is known for sending all of their students to some of the nation’s and state’s strongest four year colleges and universities. This preparation for college begins in middle school. Everything you do over the next few years at DSST is geared to sending each and every one of you to college.
Registration/Annual Family Update
Our Annual Family Update page explains all of the steps needed to register your student for school for the 2018-2019 School Year.
These steps are required by both DPS and DSST to ensure your student’s information is accurate and up to date. Please complete all of these steps as soon as is convenient for you, and preferably no later than 8/6/2018. If you do not complete the online DPS Annual Family Update by 8/6/2018, you can come into your school’s Registration Event on August 6th or 7th and complete the paper Annual Family Update form.