To ensure your family and student are fully prepared for the start of the school year, please complete all 5 steps outlined below. These steps are required by both DPS and DSST to ensure your student’s information is accurate and up to date. THIS MUST BE DONE by August 6th so we can then distribute a computer to your student for Virtual Learning. DAY 1 of Virtual Learning is August 24th.
STEP 1: Online Annual Family Update (DPS Registration)
The DPS Annual Family Update (AFU) is opening today, July 27. This is a mandatory update that DPS requires each year, and will be necessary for all families to complete prior to August 21st. If you completed the form during the “early bird” window in May, you will still receive an addendum to complete that asks about your fall plans. Please read the following before you complete your DPS Annual Family Update.
- If DPS allows students to return to in-person or hybrid school at some point, some families may choose to remain remote for part or all of the remainder of the year. In the Annual Family Update, DPS asks families to commit to a particular option through December. DSST believes this poses an undue burden on our families and does not want families to feel this particular pressure at this time.
- Therefore, DSST families will be able to attend school remotely for any period of time throughout this school year, and students will not be locked in to any particular choice through December. We want to offer families as much flexibility as possible. On the DPS form, please make the choice that works best for you, but rest assured that students can return to their DSST campus at any time once in-person classes are available and they feel ready.
- Since DSST provides every student with a computer to use throughout the school year, please answer YES to the question on whether your student has a computer that can be used to participate in virtual learning at home. We will be providing more details on student computer checkout the week of August 3.
- While not a question on the Annual Family Update, if you would like to borrow a desk, chair, and/or headset for an optimal home work space, please complete this form by July 31.
- If you have any questions, call your school's Front Office or reach out Tracey Gifford, DSST’s Manager of Enrollment at 303-524-6332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 2: Complete your Free Reduced Price Lunch Application
All families must complete this step, regardless of whether or not you qualify for Free & Reduced Price lunch Please be aware that ALL applications will be processed online. You must do this on a computer, tablet or mobile device- if you need assistance please come to your school or contact DPS Foodservices at 720-423-5600.
STEP 3: Pay Your Student Fee
Student fees for the 2020-21 school year are $85 if you qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch. 90% of our students qualify for FRL and will have the $85 fee. All other families have a fee of $215.
Options are available online to pay partial amounts if you would like to establish a payment plan or can only pay a portion of the total fee. All school fee amounts go to support computer hardware and software, and supplies for your student.
STEP 4: Download the Flyer APP
This is where you will receive communication from the school
Directions on How to Download: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M103urYtZj_TnZ-XUfbHhP5i4FO1wjoAcecIBO170-M/edit
STEP 5: Set up IC Account & Log-In
This is where you will access your student’s grades
Directions on how to create an account: https://myportal.dpsk12.org/
When your registration has been verified, your child’s advisor will call you on August 5th to introduce him/herself & to give you more information about computer pick-up.
As of now, computer pick-up for students will be the week of August 10th. ONLY students who have completed registration (Steps 1-5) will be given a computer.
Finally, if you need help with any of this, please reach out to Blanca (SPANISH & ENGLISH) at 720-427-8553 or Kristie (ENGLISH only) at 720-402-1191 to schedule an over-the-phone appointment.
Virtual School Starts August 24th!
Make sure your student is ready for Day 1 of School - Supply List for Remote Learning is here: