Welcome to DSST: Byers Science and Tech Parents (STP)! All parents and guardians of Byers students are members of STP; there is no membership fee. STP focuses on helping parents utilize their talents, energy and resources to support DSST: Byers’ efforts to provide every child with an outstanding education.
Looking for "Plus One" volunteer opportunities? Click here www.myschoolanywhere.com. Your login is the email address you provided for the Byers Family Directory. If you forgot your password, click on "Forgot Password." If you do not have a MySchoolAnywhere account, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Denver Public Schools (DPS) offers parents the Parent Portal, a program that allows you to access accurate, current, and confidential information about your child’s school attendance, grades, class assignments, and more. Please contact the Parent Portal Hotline with questions: 720-423-3163.
Note that the Parent Portal is separate from the Student Portal, which allows students to access their own information. Students may contact their Deans with questions or if in need of assistance. Learn more about the Parent/Student Portal by downloading the Parent Toolkit: English, Español. The Portal Team has also coordinated a variety of training resources for parents/guardians. Please visit their website for additional resources.
Please find attached:
Pick up options at the end of the school day:
Option 1: Washington Street Pick-up
- Pick up students on the west side of the street from the curb only. If there is not a spot available, turn left on Cedar and come back around to look for a spot. DO NOT ask your student to get into your vehicle while in the driving/traffic lane.
- Students enter the car on the passenger side only.
- Signal and look carefully before you cross the bike lane (both ways).
- Do not leave your car (no parking zone, loading only).
Option 2: Pearl Street Pick-up
- Pick up students on the east side of the street from the curb only. If there is not a spot available, turn left on Bayaud and come back around to look for a spot. DO NOT ask your student to get into your vehicle while in the driving/traffic lane.
- Students enter the car on the passenger side only.
- Do not leave your car (no parking zone, loading only).
Make a plan to meet your student off campus.
- Many families have proactive plans on this and have practiced a safe, designated meeting spot. This is up to individual family discretion and is not directed by the school because we cannot supervise students off-campus but is an option used by many families.
- Please continue to honor street signs (e.g. we have had many families park in alleys or in neighbor's driveways. These are not acceptable decisions even off campus since our students so clearly represent our school in their uniforms and neighbors report these to us each time they happen.)
- Use Cedar St to drop-off or pick up students.
- Ask your student to run across or into traffic to get into your vehicle in a driving/traffic lane.
- Cross the bike lane on Washington without signaling.
- Leave your car idling while you wait. Reduce our school's carbon footprint and turn off your vehicle's engine while you wait!
- Wait or park in areas that say No Parking Zone.
- Block crosswalks with your vehicle.
By not following the Byers Traffic Plan, you risk student safety and ticketing by City Parking/Traffic Officials.
Please view our Traffic Safety video HERE.
We are pleased to continue our partnership with Schoolpool to assist families that are interested in carpooling, walking, biking or riding the RTD bus to and from school with other families. Schoolpool is sponsored by Way to Go (formerly RideArrangers), a program of the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG).
The program works as follows:
- In mid May, we will send our roster to Way to Go to be imported into their secure mapping software program. It will include parent and student names, grades, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. Essentially, this is the same information provided in our student directory.
- In early August, Way to Go will email families their personalized list and map identifying families sharing the same route to/from school (families without an email address will receive a hard copy of their list). Parent names, student names, grades, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses will be shared.
- After the lists are generated, families will be able to login to Way to Go’s secure website to view and contact matches, add comments indicating special requests or preferences (i.e., “can provide morning rides”, “student is in afterschool activities,” “currently carpooling,” etc.), and find matches for other addresses (i.e., second household, grandparents, etc.).
- Add email@example.com to your address book or safe sender list to ensure your list and login information is delivered to your inbox.
- Your information will only be shared with DSST: Byers families; Way to Go will not sell it to other businesses, agencies or third parties. Likewise, we ask families to treat the information with privacy.
- There is no obligation to participate. The information is a great resource to meet nearby DSST: Byers families for other reasons such as temporary transportation needs, play dates, baby sitters, summer BBQs, etc.
- If you are interested in participating, you will need to take the initiative to contact the families on your list to make your arrangements.
- DSST: Byers and Way to Go assume no responsibility, but provide information for your use. Way to Go does not run background checks, confirm valid drivers’ licenses or assess insurance coverage on participants. Potential users are advised to screen participants to their personal satisfaction and check their own insurance coverage for carpooling to assure they are covered under these voluntary arrangements. No drivers, vehicles or insurance are provided. Questions can be directed to Way to Go at 303-458-7665 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you new to DSST: Byers and missed the initial notification? You can still access the information about other Falcon families living around you by completing the following steps:
- You may view your matches online, however you won’t be able to see your matches’ home address and student name(s). You will be able view their matches on a map, though, in relation to your home. If the family wants to receive our traditional “match list” where your matches’ addresses and student names are provided, you will need to contact us to have one generated. If you want a traditional “match list,” contact email@example.com with your passcode and we can add them.
- For the DSST: Byers Passcode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on Schoolpool
- Select DSST Byers
- Follow the registration instructions
Questions? Contact Way To Go directly:
Our school has all the basic resources needed to operate well and ensure students are successful. We have top-notch teachers, supportive parents, technology and other resources, and the strength of the DSST Public Schools network. However, what makes a school truly come alive are the individual contributions of each member of the community that go above and beyond that basic foundation. We are asking you to thoughtfully consider how you can contribute at least one thing to our school community this year. By giving some time to support our Front Office Assistant, coaching a club once a week, or helping in some other way, you will have a meaningful positive impact on each one of our students.
Our goals for the 2018-19 school year with our +1 Program are:
- Dramatically increase breadth of parent engagement in our school through better alignment of parents' skills, passions, and resources with the needs of our school community
- 90% of student families will contribute a tracked +1 commitment each school year.
- Recognize and value all +1 Parents for their contributions to our school community.
Also know that while all ideas are welcome, not all ideas or contributions may fit in this year. We will work with our STP (Science and Tech Parents group) this fall to make decisions on priorities for this year and welcome you to join that discussion.
In the 2017-2018 school year, some examples of our parent "+1" contributions were:
- Sponsoring Robotics Club
- Participating in STP (Science and Tech Parents group)
- Donating food for Teacher Appreciation Week
- Chaperoning the Halloween Dance
- Donating gently used uniforms for the Used Uniform Sale
- Coaching soccer
- Donating snacks for students for our Pi Day Celebration
- Helping to set up for the Summer Picnic
- Attending Open Houses to provide a parent perspective
- Helping in the main office
- Setting up for Winter Dance
- Sponsoring Yearbook Club
We look forward to the contributions from our parents in the 2016-2017 school year that will continue to fortify our community and enrich our school.
Support DSST: Byers While You’re Shopping – Out and About or Online!
We have several ways you can support DSST-Byers through your regular shopping. None of these ways to support DSST cost you anything – they just require a little forethought and organization.
King Soopers Gift Cards
- If you don’t have a King Soopers Gift Card, pick one up from the office manager at the front desk.
- Whenever you shop for groceries at King Soopers, when you get to the checkout counter, before the clerk starts to ring up your groceries, ask him or her to charge your card, and put the desired amount on the card (you can also do this at the Customer Service desk). Then, after your order is rung up, pay with the gift card.
- If the gift card sits for several weeks with no money on it, it will become de-activated, and you have to pick up another one.
- If you already have a King Soopers gift card, you can go to the Customer Service desk and ask them to designate DSST-Byers as the beneficiary.
Got fundraising ideas? Please get in touch with Dana Kang, STP Fundraising Chair, email@example.com.
Complete your annual Free and Reduced Price (FRL) Lunch Application Online
- It is vital that 100% of families complete the FRL application every year
- Please be aware that ALL applications will be processed online this year. You must do this on a computer, tablet or mobile device- if you need assistance please come to your school or contact DPS Foodservices at 720-423-5600
Pay your student fee
Student fees are $250 for MS students ($100 if you qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch) and $275 for HS students ($110 if you qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch)
Avoid the wait and pay online for maximum convenience. Options are available online to pay partial amounts if you would like to establish a payment plan or can only pay a portion of the total fee. All school fee amounts go to support computer hardware, software, student activities, trips and supplies for your student.