The mission of the Athletic Department at DSST: Byers Middle School is to promote the academic, emotional and physical development of our students through teamwork, sportsmanship and athletic competition.
GOALS OF THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT:
- To foster academic and athletic achievement in students by emphasizing the importance of self-discipline, sacrifice and dedication to achieving goals.
- To field competitive teams, but not at the cost of academic excellence or demonstration of DSST Core Values.
- To provide students the opportunity to pursue athletics as a means of overall well-being.
- To develop in students both their sport skills and pride in their school.
For a complete athletic schedule please click HERE.
An admission fee will be charged for all sporting events. Admission Fees support the following athletic initiatives
- Safety and security of participants
- Campus Security Guard
- Athletic duties ($25 athletic duty stipdend is paid for gate duty, scoreboard operator, and keeping scorebook)
Requirements for Participation:
- Updated DPS Physical Form (see below)
- $25 Participation Fee*
- By earning (and keeping) a minimum grade of a C (70) or better in all but ONE class
*Contact Mr. Greif if you have questions or concerns: email@example.com