Due to the ongoing changing nature of our society and our ability to host gatherings, the dates below may change. We will post updates on our website and send out family communications accordingly. Thank you!
Virtual Orientation--there will be a series of videos we will share over the course of three Wednesdays, starting on April 29th. Also, someone from our Operations team will be reaching out to you by phone in the next few weeks to simply check in with how you and your family. Orientations will cover vital information, including key foundations of our program for both students and families, guidance and support for the steps in the enrollment process, and provide students a space to begin to build our community. We encourage all families to attend the orientation as it will be interactive and will give families the opportunity to virtually meet teachers and staff.
NEW FAMILY NEWSLETTER & COMMUNICATIONS
Welcome Letter -April 15, 2020
You Belong @Byers-April 22, 2020
New Family Newsletter-April 29, 2020
New Family Newsletter-May 6, 2020
New Family Newsletter-May 13, 2020
VIDEOS & FOLLOW UP
Watch the following videos:
- Log your Orientation 1 Attendance by completing THIS FORM.
- Log your Orientation 2 Attendance by completeting THIS FORM.
- Log your Orientation 3 Attendance by completing THIS FORM.
- Complete Home Visit Sign-Up.
- Students complete the Electives & Spanish Course Selection Survey
- Sign up to Join our Science & Tech Parents and receive their communications.
- Think about how you will add a Plus One to our community.
- Have your student fill out ‘My Why and About Me’ Survey
NEW STUDENT ACADEMY**
New incoming students are strongly encouraged to attend New Student Academy.
We realize that DSST is a big change from the traditional public school experience, so we want to make sure our newest students are prepared for the school year. New Student Academy will be moved to August for new High Schoolers.
We hope that by the time the school year begins, our new students will feel a part of the community and know the "ins-and-outs" of DSST!
Online Only (alternatives available for those who need technology access)—Dates to be announced
All families (new and returning) are required to complete registration forms. Families will be verifying all information on file, paying or setting up a plan for student fees, and will also be asked to bring the following:
If applicable: Athletic physicals
If applicable: legal paperwork outlining custody agreements, name changes, etc.
NEW STUDENT ACADEMY FAQS
1. Is transportation available during New Student Academy?
No, unfortunately transportation is not available during summer school. Many of our students use RTD to ride to and from school both during summer school and the school year.
2. Will interventions (college prep,refocus, and mandatory tutoring) be served during New Student Academy?
Yes. Interventions will be served during summer school. You will receive a phone call to notify you if your child will have to stay after school to serve an intervention.
3. Will lunch be provided during New student Academy?
Yes. Breakfast and lunch will be available.
** = Subject to change based on CDC recommendations and guidelines.