Athletics are an essential part of the DSST educational experience and are a central component to the school’s mission. The DSST athletic program emphasizes solid core values, sportsmanship and commitment to excellence. Membership on a team comes with the obligation to attend and work hard at practices and to put forth a high degree of effort in game situations. The level of commitment required rightly increases as the level of competition increases.
An admission fee will be charged for all sporting events. Admission Fees support the following athletic initiatives
- Safety and security of participants
- Campus Security Guard
- Athletic duties ($25 athletic duty stipend is paid for gate duty, scoreboard operator, and keeping scorebook)
- Cross Country (Fall)
- Volleyball (Fall)
- Boys Soccer (Fall)
- Boys and Girls Basketball (Winter)
- Cheerleading (Winter)
- Girls Soccer (Spring)
For a complete athletic schedule please click HERE.
· Program is sanctioned by the Colorado High School Athletic Association
· DSST: Byers is a member of The Confluence League
· For sports not offered at DSST: Byers, students (by CHSAA law) are allowed to either play at South High School or High School closest to their place of residence.
· For more information please visit the Colorado High School Athletic Association website at chsaanow.com
$75.00 athletic fee is required per sport
Updated sports physical is required to play.
By earning (and keeping) a minimum grade of a C (70) or better in all but ONE class