Athletics are an essential part of the DSST educational experience and are a central component to the school’s mission. The DSST athletic program emphasizes solid core values, sportsmanship and commitment to excellence. Membership on a team comes with the obligation to attend and work hard at practices and to put forth a high degree of effort in game situations. The level of commitment required rightly increases as the level of competition increases.
Athletic Update (12/17/20)
Updated CHSAA Calendar/Information:
- Denver Public Schools has restricted indoor gym access until December 28th at the earliest.
- Season B-D will be shortened one week in length and will now be 7 weeks
- All CHSAA Events will end by June 26.
- Spirit Championship in Season B will run March 25-27 Board approval for those dates
- Practices for all seasons will run Thursday – Saturday the week before competition with the exception of Football (Wednesday – Saturday) to allow for the minimum number of practice dates
- Girls Golf will run from April 19 – June 22 for equity in mirroring the length of boys golf which ran in Season A
- Girls Tennis will run from April 26 – June 12 per Bethany to avoid conflict with USTA Event
- Season C Football will run from March 15 – May 15 to allow for 9 weeks Adam needs to complete the season and will overlap the end of Season B and start of Season D by one week
Season B: 7 Weeks (Practice – January 25 / Competition – February 1 - March 20)
Boys & Girls Basketball
Boys & Girls Skiing
Boys & Girls Wrestling
Girls Swim & Dive
Spirit (Championship Weekend March 25-27)
Season C: 7 Weeks (Practice – March 15 / Competition – March 22 - May 8)
*Football (see dates below)
Season D: 7 Weeks (Practice – May 3 / Competition – May 10 - June 26)
Boys & Girls Lacrosse
Boys & Girls Track & Field
Boys Swim & Dive
*Girls Golf (see dates below)
*Girls Tennis (see dates below)
*Football: 9 Weeks [same as Season A Football] (Practice – March 10 / Competition – March 15 – May 15)
*Girls Golf: 10 Weeks [same as boys golf] (Practice – April 19 / Competition – April 22 – June 22)
*Girls Tennis: 7 weeks [same as Season D sports and Boys Tennis] (Practice – April 26 / Competition – April 26 – June 12)
For more information visit https://chsaanow.com/coronavirus/.
Cross Country (Season A)
Volleyball (Season C)
Boys Soccer (Season C)
Boys and Girls Basketball (Season B)
Cheerleading (Season B)
Girls Soccer (Season D)
Click HERE to register for athletics through Team Snap (Required to Play)
For a complete athletic schedule please click HERE.
$75.00 athletic fee is required per sport
Updated sports physical is required to play.
By earning (and keeping) a minimum grade of a C (70) or better in all but ONE class
Regular COVID - 19 Screening procedures