On this page you can find information about the 20-21 school year, including updates about COVID-19, remote and in-person learning, and family resources.
Over the past two weeks, we were very hopeful and excited to have middle schoolers back in our buildings for hybrid classes, and a portion of high schoolers back in remote learning centers. However, as you may have read in the news over the last couple of days, Colorado has seen our largest outbreak since the pandemic began last spring, with Denver and Adams country seeing record numbers of COVID cases. Based on the strong urging of public health officials, with a heavy heart, we have paused our middle school re-open plans in Denver and Aurora through the end of the First Trimester (November 20th).
We will do everything we can to safely return students to our buildings in smaller groups and safe settings. We will proceed with opening middle school and high school in person learning centers to support students who need it the most. They will be slightly smaller in high schools than originally anticipated. We will prioritize our most vulnerable learners and students with poor internet connectivity first. These learning centers will open on November 2nd. We will also continue with our plans to provide in-person college counseling for our high school students. Lastly, we will also be opening our Special Education Center Programs.
In making decisions around a return to school that is in-person, hybrid (some in-person, some remote), or all remote, we make the following commitments to the DSST community:
- We ground our decisions in science
- We will prioritize safety to ensure we can keep the DSST community healthy
- We will consider the educational needs of our students and families
- We will communicate transparently and in a timely fashion (giving advance notice of decisions when possible)
- We will extend grace to each other and all parts of the community as we navigate this process together
- If you have issues with your laptop or accessing the internet, please reach out to your student’s advisor as soon as possible. You can also email email@example.com, describe your issue, and DSST staff will be in touch to help you.
Connect with Flyer
- Download the Flyer app from the app store or Google Play. After you have completed Annual Family Update (DPS schools) or registered (AST), verify yourself on the app stay up-to-date on school and network communications.
- Wondering what is new with Flyer or needing to get a tour of how to use the app? Click here! (Haga clic aquí)
- Click here to view information on food assistance services, internet, mental health and other resources for families.
- Click here to view FAQs on our partial return to in-person learning.
- Click here to download the E-School Family Guidebook in English.
- Click here to download the E-School Family Guidebook in Spanish.
- FAQs About Our Partial Return to In-Person School
- MS Community Town Hall Presentations
- HS Community Town Hall Presentations