On this page you can find information about the 20-21 school year, including updates about COVID-19, remote and in-person learning, and family resources.
New restrictions continue to be put into place across the city, and you may have already heard that beginning on November 30, DPS will be closing all K-12 in-person programs, including Center Programs, through Winter Break. Given that we follow DPS guidelines for Center Programs, we will also be closing all DSST Center Programs through Winter Break.
You are likely aware that this upcoming Monday and Tuesday are Professional Development days, with no classes for students either in person or virtually. This means that this Friday, November 20 will be the last day that Center Programs will be open for in-person learning. After that, all school buildings will be closed for the duration of this calendar year, and all students will participate in distance learning.
In making decisions around a return to school that is in-person, hybrid (some in-person, some remote), or all remote, we make the following commitments to the DSST community:
- We ground our decisions in science
- We will prioritize safety to ensure we can keep the DSST community healthy
- We will consider the educational needs of our students and families
- We will communicate transparently and in a timely fashion (giving advance notice of decisions when possible)
- We will extend grace to each other and all parts of the community as we navigate this process together
- Click here to view the DSST Daily Screener Tool User Guide in English.
- Click here to view the DSST Daily Screener Tool User Guide in Spanish.
- Click here to view translations of the questions in the DSST Daily Health Screener Tool
Questions about using DSST Daily Screener Tool? Please reach out to the Health and Safety Lead at your school.
- If you have issues with your laptop or accessing the internet, please reach out to your student’s advisor as soon as possible. You can also email email@example.com, describe your issue, and DSST staff will be in touch to help you.
Connect with Flyer
- Download the Flyer app from the app store or Google Play. After you have completed Annual Family Update (DPS schools) or registered (AST), verify yourself on the app stay up-to-date on school and network communications.
- Wondering what is new with Flyer or needing to get a tour of how to use the app? Click here! (Haga clic aquí)
- Click here to view information on food assistance services, internet, mental health and other resources for families.
- Click here to view FAQs on our partial return to in-person learning.
- Click here to download the E-School Family Guidebook in English.
- Click here to download the E-School Family Guidebook in Spanish.
- FAQs About Our Partial Return to In-Person School
- MS Community Town Hall Presentations
- HS Community Town Hall Presentations