On this page you can find information about the 20-21 school year, including updates about COVID-19, remote and in-person learning, and family resources.
February 3, 2021
Happy First Week of In-Person Hybrid Learning! It’s been a true joy to see so many of your students back in our buildings, and we are so excited to see the Thursday & Friday crew tomorrow! Our team compiled just a few of the happy moments captured across our network in this video- we hope you’ll take a moment to watch!
We have been so proud of the student and staff commitment to health and safety demonstrated so far.
For those students who will have their first day in our buildings tomorrow, we would like to remind you of a few essential items before heading to school.
Please Complete the DSST Daily Screener Tool Every student and staff member must complete their daily health screener before they arrive on campus each day. Please support your student in completing this important questionnaire, using their DSST email address and DPS student ID as the password. If the screener is green after completion, you are good to go. If your screener is red, please call your school’s Front Office for the best next steps. You can learn more about using this tool by reviewing the guidebook or watching this video.
What to Bring?
- Check Your School Communications and Website: See what your specific DSST school is asking students to bring.
- A Mask: Students and staff must wear a mask all day except for while eating.
- A Charged Computer with a Charger: Even for in-person learners, a computer will continue to be an essential tool for learning throughout their day. Make sure it’s fully charged and that your student has their charger on hand.
- A Water Bottle: Because students will no longer be able to use a water fountain, it’s important that they have a water bottle on hand to refill and stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Winter Coat & Clothes: We’ll have as many lunches and breaks outside as possible
- A Bag: Students will not be able to use a locker, so they must have a bag that can fit everything they’ll need while at school.
- Remember to bring all of these items home with you every day, as inclement weather may require remote learning days and students will not have access to their lockers to store anything overnight.
Thank you for your attention to these important details and guidelines- it is instrumental in helping the day run smoothly and keeping our community safe. It has been so wonderful to have your students back in our buildings, and we are so excited to see more smiling faces tomorrow morning!
Per the recommendations of public health officials, DSST will use DSST COVID-19 school data to largely inform return to school decision making. We remain committed to:
- Grounding decisions in science
- Prioritizing safety to ensure we can keep the DSST community healthy
- Considering the educational needs of our students and families
- Communicating transparently and in a timely fashion (giving advance notice of decisions when possible
- Extending grace to each other and all parts of the community as we navigate this process together
- Click here to view the DSST Daily Screener Tool User Guide in English.
- Click here to view the DSST Daily Screener Tool User Guide in Spanish.
- Click here to view translations of the questions in the DSST Daily Health Screener Tool
Questions about using DSST Daily Screener Tool? Please reach out to the Health and Safety Lead at your school.
Safe Schools Family Field Guide - Updated January 2021
- Click here to view and download the Family Field Guide in Spanish
- Click here to view and download the Family Field Guide in English
- If you have issues with your laptop or accessing the internet, please reach out to your student’s advisor as soon as possible. You can also email email@example.com, describe your issue, and DSST staff will be in touch to help you.
Connect with Flyer
- Download the Flyer app from the app store or Google Play. After you have completed Annual Family Update (DPS schools) or registered (AST), verify yourself on the app stay up-to-date on school and network communications.
- Wondering what is new with Flyer or needing to get a tour of how to use the app? Click here! (Haga clic aquí)
- Click here to view information on food assistance services, internet, mental health and other resources for families.
- Click here to view FAQs on our partial return to in-person learning.
- February 3, 2021
- January 29, 2021
- January 26, 2021
- January 25, 2021
- January 6, 2021
- December 10, 2020
- November 18, 2020
- October 14, 2020
- October 1, 2020
- September 18, 2020
- September 15, 2020
- September 8, 2020
- September 4, 2020
- August 31, 2020
- August 10, 2020
- August 3, 2020
- July 27, 2020
- July 21, 2020