On this page you can find information about the 20-21 school year, including updates about COVID-19, remote and in-person learning, and family resources.
We'd like to share some updates on our reopening decision process - in particular introducing you to our Health Monitoring Metrics dashboard, and sharing opportunities to provide input. This is an important decision that deserves a lot of time, listening and reflection.
Last week, we shared the guiding principles that will drive our decision on whether we return to a version of in-person school, including grounding our decisions in science, prioritizing safety to ensure we keep our community healthy and honoring the educational needs of students and families. One way we will ground our decision in science is tracking key health metrics regarding the transmission and community presence of COVID. Towards that end, a Health Monitoring Metrics dashboard is now posted on our website and will be updated daily. This dashboard displays current data from both Denver and Adams County on case rates, testing and hospitalization trends. While these metrics will help inform our decision on a return, they are only one factor in a decision.
Community input will be essential throughout September as we work toward announcing a decision on October 1st. We want to ensure that we incorporate your concerns and suggestions into any return to school plan. Our plan is to offer numerous forums to incorporate input from our families, students, and staff. Please continue to check the Flyer app and your email to learn about opportunities for community feedback.
At long last, we are happy to announce that you can view the Family Guidebook on this page. This Guidebook includes important information on a Day in the Life of E-School, general norms, tools we’ll be utilizing, grading guidelines, support for exceptional learners, and much more.
Important Upcoming Dates
- October 1: DSST determines feasibility of in-person return
- October 15-16: Aurora Science & Tech Fall Break
- October 19-20: Denver schools Fall Break
- If you have issues with your laptop or accessing the internet, please reach out to your student’s advisor as soon as possible. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org, describe your issue, and DSST staff will be in touch to help you.
Connect with Flyer
- Download the Flyer app from the app store or Google Play. After you have completed Annual Family Update (DPS schools) or registered (AST), verify yourself on the app stay up-to-date on school and network communications.
- Wondering what is new with Flyer or needing to get a tour of how to use the app? Click here! (Haga clic aquí)
- Click here to view information on food assistance services, internet, mental health and other resources for families.