DSST: Green Valley Ranch (GVR) Middle School opened its doors to its first sixth graders in 2010. Located between Peña Boulevard and Tower Road in far Northeast Denver, DSST: GVR MS now serves more than 460 sixth through eighth graders. The school’s opening helped accommodate a rapidly growing Green Valley Ranch student population and offers the highest quality of college preparatory education for families.
This college prep focus, with an emphasis on developing students through liberal arts learning (reading, writing, mathematics, and science), is the foundation of academics at DSST: GVR MS. Students succeed through structured classroom environments with clear academic and behavioral expectations. After completion of our program, students will be confidently prepared for rigorous high school instruction and, ultimately, for the rewarding challenges of a college education.
DSST: GVR occupies the innovative Evie Garrett Dennis Campus. Designed to meet the educational needs of the Green Valley Ranch community, the 35-acre campus is the culmination of planning by Oakwood Homes and the Foundation for Educational Excellence. The state-of-the-art educational facility serves students from preschool through high school, and was intentionally designed to mimic a small college campus, including shared public spaces and a Student Union. Currently, four other schools occupy the campus alongside DSST: GVR.
Round 2 of SchoolChoice begins March 20
Round 2 of the DPS SchoolChoice process begins after families are notified of their Round 1 school placement. This year, Round 2 begins March 20. Round 2 is the first-come, first-served segment of Choice for families who missed Round 1, who took part in Round 1 but want to re-explore their options, or who are new to DPS for next school year. Round 2 SchoolChoice forms will be available at all schools and below. Submit your completed Round 2 form directly to your preferred school or schools that have availability for 2017-18. Read below for more information:
Who should submit a Round 2 SchoolChoice form?
- Families who missed Round 1 and would like to change their student’s school.
- Families who have changed their mind since submitting a Round 1 form. If you are happy with your school placement following Round 1, you do not need to take part in Round 2.
- Please note: If your student was wait-listed at a school in Round 1, please DO NOT submit a Round 2 form to the same school, as your student already has a spot on the school’s list.
What do I need to do to participate in Round 2?
- Current DPS students must submit a Round 2 SchoolChoice form directly to each requested school.
Where do I submit my form?
- Round 2 forms should be submitted in person to the requested school.
- A separate SchoolChoice form must be submitted to each school requested. There is no limit to the number of schools to which a Round 2 form is submitted.
- There is no online form for Round 2. Forms received by mail, fax or email will not be processed.
When can I submit my form?
- Round 2 begins March 20, 2017. Round 2 forms may be submitted to schools through Aug. 31, 2017
How does Round 2 of the SchoolChoice process work, and how will I be notified of my student’s status?
- Round 2 SchoolChoice forms are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no lottery involved and no priorities are given. If the school has available space for the 2017-18 school year at the time you submit your form, your student will be approved and enrolled for next year. If a waitlist exists, your student will be added to the list in date and time order.
- Round 2 notification is immediate. The school to which you submit your form can inform you if there is space available or if your student will be placed on a waitlist. Letters are not sent from our office.
- If you are accepted to a school in Round 2, your Round 1 school assignment is relinquished. Wait-list positions are not affected.